Inspired by the impossible.
Trinity is always on the lookout for passionate, talented developers keen on working with open source and who are big fans of big data.
Sales Development Representative
We’re in search of a driven quick-learner to join our unique outbound lead generation team. The role involves prospecting new enterprise leads for our sales team through our custom lead generation methodology, developed in-house. We need this person to quickly understand our current process and be comfortable with using technology to learn and automate this process. This will require the ability to make data-driven decisions and having a bias towards action.
This full-time role will be based at Johannesburg offices, which is also where interviews will take place. This person will join our established team of Sales Development Representatives who will provide training and guidance on our process.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have an attention to detail
- Shows initiative
- Is able to be work independently, as well as be a team player
- Is self-motivated and has a sense of pride in their work
- Is passionate about technology and self learning
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Have strong logical thinking and reasoning skills
- Have a strong sense of integrity, is open, honest and ethical in everything they do
- Have proven experience and good track record with software development, debugging and deployment
- Be able to learn and apply new development tools and languages quickly and efficiently
- Be able to accept constructive criticism
- Be able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- Be able to assist in workshops and client training on the Trinity platform where necessary
- Preferably has a university degree
- Have at least 5 years of commercial software development experience
- Have their own transport and is willing to travel if necessary
You will be responsible for, amongst other duties:
- Assisting in developing and defining protocols and architecture
- Assist in the overall architecture of the complete solution
- Assist in defining the APIs for all services
- Assist in the choice of development tools
- responsible for ensuring that you use the version control tools/test tools/release tools and processes to protect your code and to follow the development methodology
- Keep up to date with technologies
- Ensure that a FAQ section that relates to your development effort is in place using the tools as prescribed by the team lead
- Document your development work where required
- Assist in support where required.
- You should have the following skills and experience
- Good in depth Linux knowledge
- In depth Python skills and knowledge
- Skala experience would be an advantage
You should be familiar and have worked with the following technologies:
- Mondo db
- AMQP RABBIT MQ
Cloud Services Sales Person
- Capable of cold calling and setting appointments with senior customer executives.
- Adept at developing relationships with senior level customer executives and decision makers.
- Expert at developing strong cross-functional teaming at all levels.
- Independent; self-motivated; highly intellect; strong drive; high energy; “no-nonsense” performer.
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal and written.
- Business savvy; strong financial aptitude.
- Strong influence management skills.
You will be responsible for, amongst other duties:
- Prospects for new Cloud and Managed Services opportunities within Trinity’s existing Customer base or mid to large enterprise accounts.
- Engages Clients through a Services led sales model
- Exhibits a real “hunter” mentality and is very aggressive in setting customer discussions via Trinity Sales, Business Partner or directly.
- Engages in senior level Customer meetings to discuss Customer’s business issues and explores how Trinity’s Cloud and Managed Services offering can help address and resolve these issues.
- Manages the entire sales cycle of an opportunity and will team with Sales Account Executive, Sales Engineer, Cloud Solutions team, and other bid team support members, Services Account Manager and Business Partners to develop, propose and close new business opportunities.
- Acts as Area “evangelist” for Trinity Cloud and Managed Services business.
- Assists in training Area Sales and Services Sales teams on how to sell Cloud and Managed Services
- Provides input and recommendations to Product Management and Marketing on current offerings; how to improve/expand and accelerate business growth.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- 10-15+ years’ experience selling outsourcing services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services.
- Strong track record of success in selling large, multi-year outsourcing service deals to Enterprise, Major Account and Public Sector customers.
- Strong negotiation skills, financial & business acumen
- Deep knowledge of: cloud/hosting services and business models; managed services; outsourcing: infrastructure, operations and applications; staff augmentation.
- Telecommunications experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.